Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Europe 2006

Left Europe over a month ago; seems like a lifetime since I embarked on that backpacking trip. Europe has always been one of the 'must-sees' in my life, (others would include Africa, India, Egypt, Nepal, Tibet...) and I did manage to see nice chunks of it, keeping the rest for another day, another trip and hopefully a better planned one.

Honestly, I was more than a little leery about starting out on my own. While I have travelled solo before, but never for long extended periods of time. Wandering around Amsterdam in the day is a whole world away from snoring on a bus trundling across Eastern Europe with slightly disreputable men snoozing around you.

But in the end, everything was fantastic. I had a bunch of low points (believe me, there were MANY) and many high points. Europeans were as a whole, warm, generous people who were more than willing to help a dishevelled backpacker who spoke only english, lousy chinese (not that that helped), and pidgin french and italian.

I decided to back post (if there's such a term) about my trip partly cos I was inspired by ZL and Kev who're beginning theirs. Maybe this'll give them something to laugh about when they're feeling grumpy and depressed. :) Most of the upcoming posts will be directly taken from emails I wrote to my parents out of sheer laziness to put pen to paper during my trip and very little editing done, so bear with the bad grammar and gushy writing.

Lurp!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home