Tuesday, May 30, 2006

March 14- Frankfurt


Got into Frankfurt today at an UNGODLY hour after taking the night bus from Amsterdam. It wasn't even 5am! To think I almost missed that silly bus after arriving late at the bus station. Good thing the bus driver was kind enough to wait after I rang them up to say I was running late and begged them to hold the bus 10 minutes for me.

The Frankfurt bus station was outdoor and frrrreeeeezing! Thank god for jasonĀ“s extra jacket otherwise... i would be a ice pop. It was really cold even with his ski jacket, my thick woolly jacket, a wool turtleneck and thermals. The bus station was right next to the train station but nothing was open; looked scary and deserted. So i walked across the road and made myself comfy in this small hotel's lobby. good thing the reception guy didn't mind; i suppose i looked really pathetic and harmless. laaalallaa... so at 6 went back to station (didn't want to impose on the nice old man any longer) dumped backpack in locker and had a yummy nut croissant with hot steaming coffee (not as gd as vietnamese ca phe diem though. hai) hung around till the eurolines office opened, booked ticket for tonight to prague, czech republic and decided to walk around city central since had abt 2 hrs before any museums etc opened.

I snagged a map from Tourist Information, walked around financial centre, found the Deutsche Bourse, UBS blah blah blah, found the shopping district (ooohh) and made my way to Main river side. (name of river is MAIN). beautiful gorgeous view of sun rising over river, will upload pictures in 2 weeks.

saw a whole bunch of museums from the outside, lol. then went to the jewish museum. now that was long and tedious and boring. but cheap. 3 euros for the whole museum and i got a lot more information than i ever wanted to know. went and did lunch, really wanted pasta and meat which i saw some pple munching on, but decided on sandwich instd cos it was cheap and could keep half for dinner (see dad???) and i got a tub of quark with cherry confit as well. I still have more than half of sandwich left and untouched quark. me thinks at this rate i can have the rest for brekkie tml. haha.

went to goethe (pronounced gerta) house and museum, it was interesting. all i can is he had a nice house. then i went shopping and bought a nice pair of pants.

this is a pretty long email, as much for my benefit as yours, cos i left my journal back in amsterdam and i want to keep a copy for my records.

oh btw im not going to paris to study already, i think i should just focus on backpacking, cos not much time and even less $ me has.

ok, gtg, bye bye and miss u all. miss chinese food. drool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home