Thursday, June 01, 2006

Moving Again

CFA Exam's on the 4th of June, and here I am lolling around at home and doing laundry. Love doing laundry. Kills time and gives me an excuse not to study. Same for cooking. Takes up loads of time with yummy results.

Was just thinking. In the past few years I've been lucky enough to travel and live in a pretty nice chunk of the world thanks to the generousity of my parents. On the flipside though, I've also minimised the time I've spent at home in Sg. Which had made me a little regretful, not just because there's no one to do my laundry for me, but I missed out on so much. I wasn't there for my siblings (for which I'm sure they're grateful; I tend to be a big nag and when I'm home my brother gets displaced) while they were growing up.

Plus now I'm moving to HK. So that's a couple more years of separation, although its much closer. (I have a feeling my mum's going to be popping in pretty often - GO AWAY MUM!!! jk) My consolation is that, if I work hard enough and the stock market holds strong for the next, erm, 7 years, I'll be able to pay for wy's and rui's uni assuming that I get 7% return pa and inflation holds at 3% pa.

Ugh. That's all my degree's equipped me for. Calculating silly little rates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home