Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Instant Gratification

I have a shopping addiction.

I don't buy horribly expensive designer stuff. In fact, the only real designer stuff I have is a pair of Gucci boots, a pair of MiuMiu peep toes, a MaxMara trench and a very daggy MaxMara sweater. Mind you, all those were an absolute STEAL. Zara prices in fact. :)

But in the past couple of weeks, I've been really bored in Sydney. Hence I've had loads of time to shop. 2 weeks ago I bought a gorgeous red dress with black fabric buttons, a pair of brown flats with buckles and a pair of white loafers. All very, *ahem*, classic. Classic if you're into vintage-style stuff.

I'm a vintage addict. While most girls live in their jeans, I very much prefer dresses. Vintage dresses and heels. My mum finds it funny I wear clothes that she wore when she was a girl. Or even clothes that her mother wore. She thinks its mildly ridiculous that I pay crazy prices for used clothes.

Anyway, I wanted to blog about my indiscretions this week. Confess about them rather. Shame myself into cutting up my ATM card (no more credit for me) and repent for my transgressions AFTER TOMORROW'S STOCKTAKE SALE AT MYERS.


This was the beginning of my addiction to Ebay. So hippy. Think bellbottoms and daisy chains.





Yummy blue polka-dotted dress. A bit big, but I suppose I could grow into it.







Floaty floral off-shoulder dress.









Diane von Furstenberg eyelet dress. Love DVF stuff. Love wrap dresses in general. Started wearing them way before it became trendy to.







Diane von Furstenberg wrap dress.






And today I went shopping for a new pair of boots. Stopped at Newtown and found a pair of gorgeous vintage brown boots. Nice as they were, I found it a little hard to cough up 129AUD for a pair of used boots which made my stockings feel... well, STICKY. Wandered down King's St (love Newtown. Lived there for 3 years and it has such a nice cafe/funky vibe) and picked up a very Audrey Hepburn coat. Black but fabric not too fab.


Found boots on sale at Broadway (basic range of shops - think sportgirl, witchery, kmart) for 40% off. Pretty decent.











My account's pretty depleted now. Really should stop. I'm almost starting to hope that I won't win any more auctions... For pretty lilac dresses and psychadelic MJ dresses...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home