Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Florence --- Argh

today was going to be a good day.

i woke up bright and early, packed and thought i would be right on time for my train. but did things turn out as imagined? of course not. Daylight savings happened yesterday night, which meant that i missed my train; it was actually 730 instead of the 630 i had thought it was. made it to the station, managed to get my ticket swapped and ran to the platform only to have the train door literally slammed shut in my face. red faced and sweaty after my desperate sprint to platform 7, i was so ARGH - for want of a better word. a kind italian asshole explained that i shoulg go back and swap my ticket again. he offered to help me out and absconded with my official ticket leaving me with my replacement ticket. now, that is not a good thing. so now i was stupidly stuck with no ticket, no train and a hell lot of very heavy luggage.

after a lot of begging, pleading and impassioned arm waving, i had no choice but to buy another ticket. my pocket feels emptier by the minute and likewise im sure dad's does as well.

made the 9am train and got into florence in one piece. found the hostel which turns out to be really central except that they refuse to extend my reservation and i'll have to look for another hostel for the 2 additional nights i want to stay here.

bought a mozerella, lettuce and tomato sandwich on the way to the uffizi gallery (the biggest gallery in italy) and it was delicious. except for a couple of lightly soggy bits which i ignored and now wished i didnt. it is now making me feel really nauseous and every thing makes me want to throw up. even walking makes me feel nauseous. so im sitting here writing emails until i feel less sick. what a horrible day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home